Guardian Automotive: shop and showcase in one
Launching an online ordering facility for customers is one thing, building a corporate website is, often, quite something else. The conundrum is that on the one hand you want to make it easy for customers to order online – on the other you want to reach out and talk about your latest developments, interact with your communities and invite them to share their stories. The answer is straightforward: combine the shop and website into one digital presence.
Underline the unique position of Guardian Automotive as Europe’s only glass manufacturer focusing fully on the automotive aftermarket.
Develop an eShop offering registered customers digital access to 5500+ parts via a searchable database with multiple filters, product photos, technical information and related accessories to:
- simplify and speed-up the online ordering process;
- give real-time insight in product availability and delivery times;
- access to interactive service desk;
EMG designed and developed the new website from concept to eShop including:
- message development highlighting ease of ordering and time-saving aspects;
- content creation;
- design of the overall look and feel reflecting the company's positioning and appeal to all audiences;
- technical specifications and customisation of standard web shop functionalities to cater for specific B2B approach and suitability for various user-groups;
To drive traffic to the website an integrated communications programme was launched including media relations, catalogue updates, promotions, LinkedIn activities, corporate video and the Guardian Automotive newsletter.
The new website transitioned from an online ordering tool to a multimedia, multichannel digital platform.
The Guardian Automotive eShop platform has become a working environment that makes doing business easier, faster and better.
After 12 months the eShop’s order entry share increased from 30% to 55% vs. traditional channels like phone, email and fax.
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
"Merging our website with our ordering facility to create a new ecommerce platform was a key step for Guardian Automotive in the go-to-market strategy; enabling us to deliver more value every day to our customers. EMG’s expertise in both content creation, graphic design and user experience has proven to be a valuable contribution to the eShop’s success" - Andrea Sturaro, E-commerce and Loyalty Program Specialist at Guardian Automotive